Inside The Vatican via email:

“Almost every day, requests come to us to share the relics of St. Nicholas, and what has happened is clearly the privileged status of our attitude towards the Russian Orthodox Church and personally to you, Your Holiness.” —Roman Catholic Archbishop Francesco Cacucci of Bari, Italy, the custodian of the relics of St. Nicholas, speaking to Patriarch Kirill, head of the Russian Orthodox Church, on Sunday, May 21 in Moscow. He was explaining his decision to allow the relics to go to Russia, saying it represented a conscious decision on the part of the Catholic Church to privilege a request for the relics from the Russian Orthodox Church. Cacucci had journeyed from Bari to Moscow with the relics. The relics will remain in Russia until the end of July.

“This joyful event has become another concrete result of our meeting with Pope Francis of Rome.” —Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill on Sunday, May 21, speaking of the arrival of the relics of St. Nicholas in Moscow, Russia, saying that the decision to have the relics come to Russia was a fruit of the meeting he had on February 12, 2016, in Havana, Cuba, with Pope Francis, the first meeting ever of a Pope with a leader of the Russian Orthodox Church

“In our difficult time when in the field of international relations we see the escalation of conflicts and confrontations, cultural and spiritual cooperation is one of the most effective means for Churches to help overcome enmity among nations.” —Patirarch Kirill, Ibid.

Below are videos of the relocation to Moscow of St. Nicolas’ relics.

The Video of the Ceremony before the relocation to Moscow of St. Nicholas’ relics:

The arrival ceremony of St. Nicholas’ relics in the Cathedral of Christ the Savior of Moscow:

The St. Nicholas Relic in Moscow: thousands of faithful in a row

It came in the afternoon in Moscow, in the Basilica of San Salvatore, accompanied by a religious and civilian delegation in Bari, the relic of San Nicola contained in a reliquary made by the Russian Federation.

THOMSON, Ill., May 23, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ — The executive producer of an award-winning Christian audio adventure series has produced an inspirational Memorial Day tribute video that remembers America’s fallen while urging the nation to return to the true source of history: Christ.

Bill Heid, an entrepreneur and the executive producer of Heirloom Audio Productions, said he made the video to put Memorial Day in its true context. Fifteen percent of sales from some of his companies’ most popular products will go toward four charities: The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the US (VFW), AMVETS, Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and the Patriot Guard Riders.
The nine-minute video is free to use for the next week in churches and Memorial Day functions.

“This Memorial Day, let’s take some time to focus on those who have served our country,” Heid said. “But let’s also remember that without a biblical context, Memorial Day becomes void of any real meaning.”

“Frankly, with so much strife and division in our country, there’s never been a better time for this message,” Heid said.

Heirloom Audio Productions, which was founded by Heid, produces audio adventures that bring Christian heroes from history to life.

The company won three Voice Arts Awards last year, including Outstanding Production, for The Dragon And The Raven, which chronicles how King Alfred the Great (849-899) led an army that beat the barbaric Vikings, saved the English lands and brought the country back to God. It starred Helen George (Call The Midwife), John Rhys-Davies (The Lord Of The Rings, Indiana Jones), Sylvester McCoy (Doctor Who, The Hobbit), John Bell (The Hobbit), Brian Blessed (Star Wars, Tarzan, King Lear) and Katherine Kellgren (award-winning narrator).

Heirloom Audio just released its eighth CD, Captain Bayley’s Heir, which follows a story about the California gold rush.

The company’s CDs feature top actors and actresses, along with original musical scores and sound effects, detailing the stories of Christian heroes from history. Each drama includes two CDs and spans more than two hours.

This blog also recommends Christ the King, Lord of History

Thomas More Society Receives Assurance from Fort Wayne School Board that Rights Will Be Protected

(May 5, 2017 – Fort Wayne, IN) Last month, a group of pro-life advocates brought pro-life signs to the public walkway outside South Side High School in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They talked to students after school dismissed for the day…and nothing happened. Attorneys at the Thomas More Society and Mark Harrington, National Director of Created Equal, are claiming the non-event as a victory. The peaceful April interaction outside the secondary school was in stark contrast to what happened the previous fall. On November 18, 2016, South Side High School Principal Carlton Mable verbally assaulted pro-life advocates who were legally and peacefully holding pro-life signs on the public right of way.

Mable’s tirade, caught on video and amassing over 50,000 views on YouTube, shows the Indiana principal screaming at participants to “get off my property,” grabbing their pro-life signs and hurling them into the street.

Attorney Thomas Dixon, Thomas More Society Special Counsel, wrote a letter to the City of Fort Wayne and the Fort Wayne Community School Corporation demanding that they respect the constitutional rights of Created Equal’s pro-life advocates. In response, lawyers for both the City and the School Corporation indicated that they will respect the rights of the pro-life advocates and that the police department told Mable his actions will not be tolerated again.

Harrington was happy to report that the participants in a pro-life witness outside the school on April 21, 2017, told Created Equal that they received no challenge to their presence. “We set up in the same place we did last time about 5 minutes before school got out,” stated one participant. “When school let out we talked about the horror of abortion to students as they came out. We didn’t see any school administrators during the outreach. Thanks to the Thomas More Society’s legal intervention, we were able to share our message without being harassed.”

Read the December 2, 2016, letter sent by Attorney Thomas M. Dixon to Fort Wayne School Board here.

View the video documenting South Side High School Principal Carlton Mable’s actions against peaceful pro-life advocates on the public right of way here.